Monday, March 10, 2008

AAARRRGGGG!


I don' believe this. Yesterday night I am all excited and whanot about my new discovory of some leads I have developed for myself and then suddenly the unthinkable happens. My right ear suddenly becomes muffled. Naturally I begin to yawn more frequently to try to get it open with no success. It seems as thought it was getting worse and worse. I then began to feel a sense of "fullness" in my ear. Oh joy. Seven months ago I had tubes put in my ear, so I have been waiting for them to miraculously just pop out. So I figured ok this must be the process so don't panic maybe it will go away in tthe morning. I try my damndest to sleep without panicking and began to "sleep dream". I wake up and discover that the fullness sensation has not left me. I feel a twinge of annoyance and mild panic. I feel a little pain when I yawn in my right ear. Uh oh. I then begin to feel inside my ear o discover if there is something hanging out of it when I feel a liquidy/crust object in my ear. I look at my fingers and see red blood and dried blood. I can't see my expression but I know I have an oh shit expression. What to do? Is this normal? should I tell my mom who would panic for the both of us which is what I don't need right now. Ok call my ENT doc. Can't find him anywhere in the phone book so I search for him online. God bless the internet. I call and the receptionist answers. I tell her of my problem and with a prompt response she tells me a nurse will give me a call back. Great. I can be losing my goddamn hearing and I now have to wait for god knows how long before I can get some help. I tackle with the idea of just going over there, but then I look outside. You would think a damn tsunami is about to hit Texas. Its got the strong winds, the cold air and the monstrous sounds all in one. Then of course the news resports that everyone should stay in doors. Great I can be losing my hearing and I can't even venture out. Oh Joy the world's against me. I begin to research online and I begin to panic even more. Normally if this happens after months of surgery an infection has occurred and can be treated with droplets. This is making me all the more panicky. In my mind I am imagining my life trying to work while half deaf. Will I be able to learn sign language? Will my boyfriend be willing to deal with a girl who is deaf? will he be willing to learn sign language? lucid thoughts enter my mind. How will I find a job? with most you need to hear! Not to mention I gotta go to work for five and one of my main responsibilities includes being on the phone! annoyingly I will have to call in. My day is not looking at all too bright.

No comments: