Wednesday, March 12, 2008

ITS OFFICIAL I AM DONE DRIVING


I don't believe this. I am still in shock. Tonight I was stuck with a delimma. To go or not to go to hollywood video to get the newly released movie of No country For Old Men. So I decided to go at the last minute at 10 :00 at night. Now mind you I have already gotten two tickets recently. I got one where they caught me on those damn video cameras turning on a red light. Supposedly I didn't come to a complete stop, but whatever. Second one for speeding. I did a 67 in a 40. The cost? $238. I HATE TEXAS.My wallet is still screaming in agony. So as I am driving down the exact same damn street that I got my second ticket I pay close attention to my speed. I keep constantly going over 40 mph. I don't know what it is, but I just can't drive slow to save my life. Its like I am moving like a snail and will never make it to my destination. I am so used to driving fast now that if I am doing a 60 it feels normal. So I notice that I am going at 50 mph and slow down and continue to drive at a much normal pace of 30 mph. As I finally approach a red light a mile away I see blue red lights flashing right behind me. I of course think he must be trying to chase someone so maybe I should move to the next lane. I do this and what does the bastard do? he moves right behind me. I am getting a sudden case of de ja vu. He is now following me and of course I get a clue that I am going to be stopped but unlike last time I am wondering why. For once I was paying attention to my speed! I pull over and he takes his precious time getting out of the damn car. I am all but ready to curse him out. The cop who looks to be in his 60's asks for my DL. I hand it over and begin to look for the insurance. I rarely if ever look at the thing and begin to pull papers actually asking the cop if one of them is the insurance. I ask him why am I being stopped and of course he ignored me until he has my information. After all this is taken care of he finally tells me that I was speeding doing a 55 in a 30. Immediately anger begins to flare and I make up my mind right then and there not to pay the damn thing. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME! HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN THREE TIMES IN A MONTH??? At this rate I am going to be paying the damn courts every goddamn month. Right now and at that moment I didn't want to drive ever again. What sucks is that I was driving my mothers car and of course I am not on her insurance. So if I don't pay it she will find out about it anyway and of course there is that whole pesky warrant thing. I am seriously considering buying a scooter. I honestly don't think I can drive at the correct speed limit. Its too much. This is one lesson (or another considering this is another ticket) do not drive at night. I have begun to notice that the cops hang out more at night with nothing better to do and loves to issue out tickets. I need a pill. A big one.

No comments: